EVERGIFT IS WHERE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE GOES TO FLOURISH.
Creating solutions to poverty from the ground up.
Spreading dignity throughout your community.
APPLYING FOR A LOAN:
EverGift makes loans to early-to-mid stage social enterprises that provide reliable and affordable access to quality education, clean energy, healthcare services, safe drinking water, housing, fair financial inclusion, or small business development to low income and marginalized communities.
These are the general criteria for loan consideration:
- Geography: Worldwide.
- Sectors: Education, Women’s Empowerment, Economic Inclusion, Health, Water, Housing, Agriculture, Energy, or Economic Development.
- Stage: Early-to-mid-stage companies looking to scale. We rarely invest in start-up companies but we are happy to review your business, if we can’t help you out we will refer you to someone who can!
- Investment Size: $1k+ structured as debt.
- Loan Terms: Custom terms depending on the needs of the business.
- Strong Management Team: Management team must be experienced, skilled to compete in the commercial market, and must have strong will and vision committed to serving the poor and the marginalized. Personnel must display a steadfast code of ethics.
- Significant Social Impact: Provide a product or deliver a service that addresses a critical need for a marginalized demographic. The company makes this product or service better available to the needy than the market or charitable distribution is able. The company does this both/either through economic discounts and/or geographic location. We are also highly interested in the number of quality, family-sustaining jobs created or retained by the company and the number of forecasted jobs if an expansion is in your plan.
- Operating Agreement: Detail profits as revenue surplus channeled into expansion or improvement of social impact.
- Financial Sustainability: Demonstrate the potential for financial sustainability within a five year period; including the ability to fully cover operating expenses with operating revenue. Grants may supplement revenue to cover costs, forecasting grant allotment should be conservative and based on financial history.
- Achieve Scale: Must have a researched plan that details how the loan will scale the number of patrons or make necessary improvements to impact. The company should be positioned to become one of the leading service or product providers in their market.
Our loan applications are closely examined by our Investment Committee who uses their cumulative knowledge to reduce default risk and assess product/service viability.
Potential investments are identified through both business plan submissions and proactive research by the EverGift management team. All investments go through an Initial Due Diligence process in which the potential investment opportunity is vetted and discussed by senior members of the EverGift Executive Committee. Investments that make it though our Initial Due Diligence then receive Full Due Diligence from our experienced research team, this process includes a review of the enterprise and it’s leaders in the general areas of (1) social impact, (2) financial viability, (3) operations, (4) management, (5) accounting and (6) legal. Given the organization meets all Full Due Diligence requirements, the investment opportunity is then presented to the Investment Committee, which is responsible for conducting the final discussion on the potential loan. The Investment Committee is ultimately responsible for approval or rejection of a loan.